Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Goals for the summer

Besides the ever present goal of trying to eat healthier and exercise more I have some more I would like to add to help me establish good habits and a structure. We are creatures of habit, the problem is establishing them and sticking with them.

New Goal #1-for the next 6-8 weeks I will get up at 8 am during the work week and up by 10 on the weekends. Naps during the day may be necessary for the first week or two.

New Goal#2- practice piano for 45 minutes to an hour 3 times a week for the next 4 weeks and increase to 5 times a week after that.

New Goal#3-practice a minimum of 20 minutes of voice 3 times a week for the next 4 weeks and increase to 5 times a week after that.

New Goal#4- Go to bed (as in be IN bed ready to go to sleep or reading) by midnight every night. Eventually I would like to reduce this to 10 or 10:30pm.

I figure if I start small I can work my way up and I will feel like I have made real progress, instead of getting frustrated.

The 8 am goal started Monday, but the voice and piano can start either today or tomorrow. I need to schedule regular times too, so I get into a good habit.

Eventually I would like to be able to get up at like 6 or 7 in the mornings, exercise, and then go to classes. But this will take time. Plus, I need to go to bed earlier!

1 comment:

Gordon and Katrina said...

Karen!

I was so excited when I saw the comment from you on our blog! It's been too long since we've seen each other. Has it been three years? Since high school!? Wow, time flies. Congratulations on being engaged! Did you meet him at school? I am so happy for you! You must have gotten my blog address from Michelle, maybe, on Facebook? I am so happy you commented. I really like your blog and the goals that you set. It is good to see how you are doing. Hopefully we can keep in contact this way. My husband (Gordon) and I are graduating this December and I'm pregnant - if you didn't hear already, also due in December. Shortly after that we are moving to Oregon until we find out where Gordon gets accepted to Law School! We should get together sometime when I'm back in Oregon. Well, this is a long comment, but I wanted to say hello and good to hear from you!

Katrina Platt