I realized I haven't posted in quite awhile! Things have been so busy for us this term.
Yesterday was my senior recital and I feel so happy to be done! It was a great recital and lots of people turned out to see it, even my old choir director from high school, Mr. Russell. I am still recovering from the recital but feeling great!
Graduation is so close and we are getting very excited! We purchased our caps and gown last month, it feels unreal!
Meanwhile, we are still enjoying our classes and the last term of school! Bryce is taking a poetry class this term and has really enjoyed learning how to write poetry. He was worried that he would be in a class of self proclaimed experts, which there are always a few in every class, but overall he has really learned a lot from his professor and peers. He thinks one of his advantages is he is not very familiar with famous poetry, so he does not try to emulate any particular author, he is just himself. Below are a few of the most recent poems he has written:
Our Smoke Detector
by Bryce Adams
Stoic at his post our smoke detector sits
barely containing his excitement
Dinner time has arrived, and the stove,
warming a pot to boil, hums to the tune of pasta.
Our smoke detector, stoic at his post,
loves cooking of all sorts,
ravioli, grilled cheese, hamburger stroganoff,
all delight him endlessly.
If he could, he'd hop down from his
bedroom perch and watch cooking shows with us.
instead, our smoke detector sings!
He sings food songs for all to hear,
one could call him overzealous,
for we often have to calm him,
with soft touch, and, harshly
shut the bedroom door, denying him the delicious smells
he so adamantly pines for.
Only a chirp he releases from then on,
as testaments to his lost love.
Are we such horrible people?
Love Poem (class exercise)-untitled
by Bryce Adams
Your forehead greets my lips
like a silk pillow. It gives
every so slightly and warms;
and folds into wrinkles.
I know you're smiling.
2 comments:
Awesome poems. Karen, it seems so long since I saw you last. We should really meet up if we are ever in town at the same time!
I swear, the boy should be published! GREAT poems.
Post a Comment