My mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and will be going for surgery on July 11th and then at least a week of radiation therapy post surgery.
Her prognosis is VERY GOOD and they caught it at an early stage. Nevertheless, I was surprised when she told me and I'm still worried as is normal. But there's nothing I can do, it is what it is and the best thing is to just stay positive, particularly because it is the best case scenario, when it comes to breast cancer. I think I was more surprised that of all things it was cancer. That was something that never entered my mind. Our family history is more along the lines of heart disease and other issues, but not cancer.
Anyways, I want to put together a nice care package for her, since we will not be able to see her for a few weeks after the surgery (she'll have an open catheter (?) in her chest and will need to be careful of infection). I thought I would ask my fellow blog readers about ideas on what would make a good care package.
Please keep my mom and our family in your thoughts and prayers!
Here's what I've got so far for a care package! Throw in your ideas!
WOU t-shirt
Chocolate
Unscented lotion
All natural lip balm
Tea
Puzzles
Music
Blanket
1 comment:
Write her fun notes/memories on blank cards and put different dates on them so she can open different ones on different days and have a cheery message or memory from you!
Post a Comment