We sang a newer song today in church that struck me:
I am here
You don't have to worry I can see your tears
I'll be there in a hurry when you call
I'll be there to catch you when you fall
Here's my shoulder you can lean on me
I think its by Michael W. Smith
The song is supposed to be God speaking to us about always being there for us, but I thought that it could have another meaning or double meaning. It reminded me that we are supposed to be Christlike, helping one another and supporting each other in our faith and our daily lives. I think this song could also be about being there for our friends, family, fellow believers and even strangers (if such an occasion should arise). We are called to be disciples to the world spreading the message and love of Jesus Christ.
I hope that when people think of me they feel that they can turn to me for help and trust that I will do the best I can. And in this way I hope that I become an example of the character of Christ and his people.
No comments:
Post a Comment