Recently I joined weight watchers and have been very successful so far, having lost almost 10 lbs! Our benefits here at WOU allow us to enroll in Weight Watchers for free. We even have an at work meeting at the library on Tuesdays.
After years of struggling with weight issues and high cholesterol I thought, "Fine, I'll try it" and as I said it really works! Weight Watchers is my AA if you know what I mean, I MUST go to the meetings. It makes such a difference to be around other people working towards similar goals.
Our leader asked us to think of what was the turning point in deciding to commit to WW and to write it down somewhere so we can remember it on tough days. Although it was not necessary to share it with anyone, I thought what the heck, go for it. I have openly told everyone that I am on weight watchers and I think it has helped me succeed that much more because I'm not doing it on my own and others are supportive of me. Friends and family members have been really nice about making dinners WW friendly for me.
So here goes:
The true turning point for me and the reason I ultimately chose to join WW was when:
Over the course of a weekend I ate an entire batch of Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies. By myself.
Can we say rock bottom?
Looking back on it I can laugh, but it was definitely the turning point. My ultimate goal is to be maintaining my goal weight before I have children. It has been shown that children born to overweight mothers are much more likely to be overweight or obese from childhood into adulthood. Of course this may be also due to the eating habits they learn from their parents, but there is definitely a genetic component involved.
I look forward to this new adventure in life.
Plus, when I reach my goal weight I'm going to be a total hottie. LOL.
1 comment:
I am so proud of you Karen! It has been so much fun for me to see you smilin' when you come back to the office after your meetings. You rock girl.
Ps- you already are a total hottie :)
Post a Comment