Another experience this week has made me very thankful for the things that I have, especially my wonderful and loving husband.
The other day my husband got called into work early because his co-worker's estranged boyfriend/husband (not sure) attacked her in the parking lot as she got out of her car. The guy apparently punched her in the face and tried to choke her. Just a few weeks ago she left with her young child to live with friends because of the abuse.
Bryce was called in by the assistant manager who found out about the attack only because she happened to be passing by and wanted to check on her friend. The police were still there when Bryce arrived and the victim was there just beaten terribly. She did not initially want to press charges, but was eventually convinced because there were a lot of witnesses. The police asked her to stay, but she left soon after the police did, because she learned that her boyfriend had went after her friends and kidnapped their young child.
I don't know any more at this point since Bryce said he did not hear anymore that evening.
I can only hope that the jerk is arrested or has been arrested and that her child is returned to her and she has a safe place to stay.
Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon story as horrible as it is. I feel so badly for people in abusive relationships ( I say 'people' because men can be abused too). It takes so much courage to walk away from them and even then, as in her case, the terror does not always stop.
I feel so fortunate to have a wonderful husband who would never hurt anyone, especially me. The man saves worms from drowning in puddles for heaven's sake.
I've never met this woman, but I feel so sad for her. I wish there was something I could do, but I'm sure the police offered to take her to the hospital and a shelter, etc. If anyone has an idea of something helpful, please let me know.
Abuse is so wrong.
1 comment:
How awful. Thank you for sharing this story. My heart goes out to her and her child. I also hope he finds help and stops the cycle of abuse.
Post a Comment