Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Content in my restlessness.

I was very hesitant to post this because it has been a very long time since I have sat down to write a poem.  I wrote a lot of poems throughout my K-12 years, many that would make you laugh, but are deeply personal to me.  However, I felt compelled to make this post a poem instead of my usual random rant.  So here goes:



I am content in my restlessness.
My mind wanders 
dreaming up new plans

I am happy with the thought of change.
My heart is open
welcoming the restless experience

I am resistant to the notion of normal.
My soul refuses
definitions of any kind

I have adapted to this place.
My body rests
patiently waiting for the signal

I am only afraid of happiness.
My practicality disagrees
saying I am unacceptable

I have settled in my restlessness.
My life continues
basking in the beauty of uncertainty

No comments: