Recently, while doing desk duty at the RSC, a co-worker introduced me to Pandora radio! It is awesome! I love being able to create individualized 'radio' stations with my interests. They even have opera. Pandora is keeping me entertained particularly today, because I have 6 hours of desk duty, all by myself. I'm grooving to Billy Joel, and similar artists. I can tell today is going to be a very slow today. Not only is it going to almost 100 degrees, it is a Saturday and all the large camps are gone.
The worse part, the WOU server is down. Which keeps me from cashing in, checking email, etc. VERY FRUSTRATING! I figured that to help past the time I could at least blog
.
Also, I'm fighting a lovely cold/sinus infection. I keep waking up in the middle of the night coughing, and feeling 'icky stuff' drain down the back of my throat...gross! I had to take my inhaler for the first time in years today!
I hope I feel better for church tomorrow.
Next in updates, I'm trying to practice piano/voice a little bit everyday. When I'm sick it is more difficult to motivate myself, but I have been doing a little. I'm just trying to keep my fingers nimble and keep my voice warm. I'm contemplating putting on a little recital towards the end of the summer. I think it would be fun to do piano and voice. The Recital Hall is currently under construction, but I could probably use the church.
So hopefully I will feel better by monday and get back on track with practicing, etc. I don't want to lose what I've gained this year.
Otherwise things are good. I'm just trying to take things one day at a time. During the summer I tend to get thinking too much and start worrying about my future, when I just need to do what I can today and let things go. Much easier said than done.
No comments:
Post a Comment