Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10-Something you're afraid of...

Scary Movies.

I have always been a sensitive person when it comes to the horror genre.  As a child I was afraid of the Goosebumps series, Tremors and Killer Clowns from Outer space!

Movies that have demonic themes are the ones that upset me the most. 

I saw this movie at a friends house when I was eight and it freaked me out...



I slept with the lights on for a WEEK after watching this movie sophomore year of college...

 I thought this was a sci-fi movie...no...it's sci-fi/horror.  Gotta watch out for those and don't let the cover fool you this movie if bleepin' scary...


I wouldn't stick my feet out from under the covers for a few days after watching this movie just a couple months ago..

I absolutely, positively know that they are just movies and not real, but they still scare me.  I think it's the scary imagery and the disturbing music, or equally disturbing lack of music. Sometimes I think, "Oh I'm ok, I can be brave and watch this movie" and then I pay the price. I have sworn off all scary movies, even ones that I think I might be able to handle.  Also, Bryce is now the scary movie gatekeeper and does not let me watch stuff like the above mentioned.

When I'm tempted to think I can handle a scary movie I remember two important bible verses that help me focus on good, peaceful, happy things.


Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.  -Philippians 4:8


I will set before my eyes no vile thing.-Psalm 101: 3


In other words, don't invite me to your Halloween party if you want to watch scary movies...:)

No comments: