Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3: First Love

I'm going to make this short and sweet because there is not much to tell.

I had two boyfriends before I met my husband, before that I had lots of crushes but not many dates.  I could tell you a lot of funny stories about my middle school and high school years, but here's all you really need to know:


  1. I never thought I would meet "the one" in college, let alone get married at 22. Love will surprise you...or in my case show up unexpectedly and (figuratively) beat you over the head with a 2x4. Love continues to surprise me everyday.  
  2.  I'm so glad I dated a bunch of (insert your choice of words) before I dated Bryce because I can really appreciate the stellar gentleman he is
  3. All of the pain, awkwardness, bad breakups and silly things that happened before Bryce have faded to a muted gray in my memories.  I've never looked back since I met my husband. We both feel as though we've always been married, there was never a "before". 
  4. True love really forces you to grow.  Bryce has pushed me to believe in myself and grow as an individual. So much of who I am today is a result of him being there for me. We would both be fine on our own, but we're much better together.
  5. My husband makes me laugh everyday. And I mean laugh hysterically.  We have so much fun together.


Our very first photo together!  March 17, 2006.  18 years old at the time.


September 12, 2009

Ringing in the new year 2011
with our furry child Kelly.



1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I LOVE you for loving Bryce, but, really Karen, I've been around you two enough to see your love goes both ways. You adore him....he treasures you. Makes a mommy SO happy. YAY for love!