Saturday, January 1, 2011

Karen's Day 1: Introduction, recent picture and 15 interesting facts

Intro:

Name: Karen Adams
Age: 23
Birthday: August 19
Favorite Color: purple
Degree: Bachelors in Contemporary Music from Western Oregon University

I started blogging in 2008 but did not really start regularly blogging until recently. Now that more of my friends are blogging it is more fun!  I have also finally come up with a name for my blog: Diary of a Perfectionist!  And if you know me, you know if fits!

Recent picture!


Ha Ha...Just Kidding!


You can thank my husband for this "artsy" photo lol.  I promise I usually smile lol.  Also, I recently got my hair cut and have more bangs, but this is from September so it's recent enough.


15 Interesting Facts

1.  I love the Food Channel, HGTV, and the History Channel.

2.  Speaking of the History Channel I LOVE the show Gangland and any History Channel or National Geographic special on gangs.

3.  Like my friend Adrienne (http://31flavorsblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-1.html), I too have several nicknames for my husband, some of which are just made up words. lol.  One of the most frequently used nicknames is Pumpkin Head.

4.  I can't watch movies where animals die.  I have a real soft spot for animals, especially dogs. Needless to say I bawled in the movie theater during I Am Legend.  You know what part I'm talking about...I was totally unprepared for that scene.

5.  I love to put chocolate in the freezer and eat it once it's really cold.  Dark chocolate is amazing frozen!

6. I'm a singer, and I mean a good singer lol.  To be specific, I'm an operatic soprano and have been studying voice for almost 9 years and have a degree in vocal performance.

7.  My husband and I bought my engagement ring at an antique store for $60 because we were poor college students and I didn't want a diamond.  My ring is 5 large peridots ( my birthstone) set in white gold.   I think its beautiful!



8. One day I would like to work for a large opera company as an Arts Administrator.

9.  Bryce and I have already picked out our future children's names:  Camille, Viola, Benjamin, Ian.  We're weirdos.

10.  We have a small frog stuffed animal named Glee that we take everywhere we travel and have sent it with friends to China and all over Europe.

11.  I love to paint and to color. I have recently begun to color and paint a lot now that I am out of school  I love to paint mandalas and make collages to fit antique frames.

12. I try to be a very thrifty person and I love to shop at Good Will and other second hand stores and garage sales.  I also love to fix up my furniture finds from these stores.

13.  My number one pet peeve is drivers who don't use their turn signals.

14.  My second pet peeve is when my husband scrapes the bottom of his Blizzard cup in the hopes of scraping up the last bit of ice cream.  LOL.  He loves to do it just to make me mad.

15. My husband and I have our own made up silly language.  I sound like a cartoon character when I speak it too...lol...WOW we are weirdos.






1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Yay! Love it! I freeze chocolate cookies!